Sisu is an integrated early learning school focusing on the development of the whole child. All children receive a general developmental assessment within the first 45 days of enrollment based on Georgia Early Learning Development Standards (GELDS). Tracking and evaluation of student progress using a portfolio system is ongoing throughout the program year. Parents receive four progress reports per year. Staff utilize a variety of educational resources as well as enrichment programs to create the optimal educational experience for children.
Sisu is Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS), Quality Rated and licensed by Bright From the Start. We use the Creative Curriculum to support lesson plans as well as the Seedlings Character Education curriculum.
- 1:4 average staff to student ratio
- Schedules that promote understanding and participation in daily classroom routines
- Centers for learning, including computer centers
- Educational materials that match unit topics
- Positive discipline strategies and redirection
- Interdisciplinary approach to learning, which includes parents, teachers, nurses, therapists and others
- Language-based and print-rich environment, including the use of aided language symbols, that promotes expression of needs, wants, feelings and cognition, as well as literacy skills
- Peer interaction through social skills lessons and activities
- Self-esteem building through opportunities for success, with encouragement from caring staff
- Participatory, child-led activities to enhance learning by promoting curiosity, encouraging initiative and fostering problem-solving skills